I really enjoyed completing my 21-day writing challenge.
And I do have some reasons for my absence of punctuality.
• I had to plan some things for an event. And if you read my blogs regularly, you know that I love planning things.
• I had to do some shopping for myself. And here's a random fact about me: I HATE SHOPPING.
• I was too busy watching random videos on the internet continuously for an entire day.
• I kid you not, I actually forgot about my challenge. It was yesterday night in my sleep that I remembered about this challenge I had taken.
• I don't even know why I took this challenge. Last time I checked, I was the absolute worst at challenges.
I realised something this month: being myself and expressing all my opinions actually help me mak more friends than acting 'normal'.
Now don't get me wrong. I am NOT shy. I am the kinda outgoing child. And I always have been. But this new academic year, I decided to just act normal, like a good student. And that was probably the worst decision I've ever made. I'm not going to go deep into what others' reaction were, but it wasn't nice. They thought of me as someone I'm not.
I have a case of RBF (kindly Google it if you don't know what it means) so, it always ends up that people judge me wrongly in the first place. But adding my more serious ways of talking made others think even worse of me. So, a few days ago, I decided to be myself and say everything that comes to my mind. And surprisingly, my mates actually laughed and told me that they like me. (Ofc my socially anxious self won't believe that, but whatever)
So if you want to learn something from this post, may it be that never feel the need to hide your true self. Even if it is a little uptight. And if others don't like your true self, that's their problem and not yours.
I hope this isn't my last post of February 2017.